Saturday, September 18, 2010

boxing the gnat

I learned something new today: a contra dancing step called "boxing the gnat." It works like a balance and a California twirl combined, but it has its own intriguing name.

It's been months since I last went contra dancing. What rhythmic, graceful, foot-stomping, joyful fun! This is certainly my favorite type of social dance, and since I'm single, social dancing is the dancing I do. :) In the last year, I've started sitting out the waltzes that come at the end of the two sections of contra dances. I love waltzing, but I personally don't care much for waltzing as a social "dance it with anyone" sort of dance. Waltzing is special to me, I want to keep it special, and I can wait to dance it with someone special. Until then, my feet are tapping to the contra beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment