Friday, June 25, 2010

Working on an old hymn arrangement of mine, hoping to submit it for consideration for publication sometime soon.

Bought a plane ticket to visit my cousins.

Practiced with Mama for our upcoming music audition (!!) to play at a local coffee shop some Saturdays. My talented mom taught herself guitar in highschool and has continued to play. I was going to play guitar with her on "Here Comes the Sun," but I can't keep up (I've only really been playing for a year and a half) so I'll probably stick to vocals and perhaps djembe. :)

Tried out a mom and pop's Middle Eastern restaurant with a few girl friends tonight. It's a favorite of RD's. I would say their sage tea (hot or iced), za'atar pitas, and seasoned fries (they had a name that I've forgotten) were my favorite. I still like chai tea better, but the sage tea was a unique experience!

RD, C, and I went to the closing evening of a Christian music conference. "Our God is God" was my favorite of what we heard. Some of the music was disappointingly fuzzy in the theology department. Crescendos and timpani and emotive phrases just don't make up for truth in music. I am grateful for music that is true and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment